AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 726 mulch finisher
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 2/5/2007 12:31 (#99664 - in reply to #99597)
Subject: RE: JD 726 mulch finisher

I think most of our bolts broke from the strain when it was in the air on the ends or folded for transport. I wasn't around it a lot, but I think it was the rear bolt of the two that clamped around the frame that broke all the time. We only go over terraces when working he ends of fields and really doing that there's not a lot of strain on the brackets because at first they would lift the harrow a bit and then when they go back down the harrow is on the ground and the chains are loose.

We like the way the harrow leaves the dirt, we had a Vibra Shank with a 3 bar tine and it didn't adjust except down pressure and that was hard enough you didn't take time to do it. Seemed like we were always getting deeper grooves here and there behind it.

Deere first told us it was a bolt problem, they had gotten a bad batch and needed to work through the one's in inventory because there was no way to tell them apart. I let that go and we still kept having problems. Bought some bolts one day from Fastenal and had the same problem. Finally raised cane with Deere and they decided to built a heavier bracket. I can understand the bad bolts, but when that happens you take them all off the shelf and send them back to the supplier, he made the mistake he can solve the problem. What really made me mad was when I realized it wasn't the bolts and knew that they had lied to us about the real problem.

Kept hearing the old story "you're the only one who's having trouble" I had expected more from Mother Deere.

Hope you're keeping warm up there, think I saw you were out west for a while. Been taking in a lot of bball games this winter, local hs and at K-State.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)