AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez steer with 252 omnistar calibration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kjb
Posted 4/23/2006 10:31 (#7156 - in reply to #7002)
Subject: Re: ez steer with 252 omnistar calibration

thank for the replys,I'll give you more detail on my problems with this ez steer. Spring of 05 I had an ez steer on this same 8100 JD for planting but is was a 150 lightbar with WAAS antena and was real pleased with performance with the exception of needing to hit nudge after nearly every pass to line up marker, but once online it drove it straight. Now spring 06 purchased a 50 lightbar with T2 ez steer and 252 antena to help on the pass to pass. Here are my current cal. #'s and the ranges i have tried
angle turn @ 14 (tried everything from 14-24)
freeplay L&R @.9 (tried from .2-2.0)
wheelbase @ 116"
heading filter @ 3
agressiveness@ 105% (tried from 80-120)
TC is on and antena height @ 80"
roll offset went to 1.1R afer the turn around calibration
data port @ TSIP and GGA Precesion 7
These current #'s work the best so far but I find the need to take over steering manually because from time to time it will start oscillating from side to side 6" or more. I'm wondering what are all the differences between the 50 lightbar and the 150. I thought it was just a kit without the WAAS antena but there appears to an internal gps in the 150 that the 50 does not have, is that an issue?I bought this unit from Case and during installation had problems getting hooked up with omnistar so he gave me Trimble # to correct that but I was told not to call back, all questions must go thru Case. So now trying to fine tune this problem may take longer than my planting window will be. Now I talk to my Case dealer who then talks to Trimble, who ask's more questions,then my case rep. call me back so he can call trimble back and it goes on and on. I'm open for suggestions but think if trimble wants to sell all this product then they need to have support help back to the people who write the check's for for their products.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)