AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's good for the goose is not good for the gander...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sri
Posted 1/23/2007 14:28 (#93304 - in reply to #93226)
Subject: RE: Not sure on the machinery issue.-would you-never assume

nw pa
but if you must then I will asumme you have operated both yourself. One of the neighbors has a 9760 with a 12 row. I see the acres he can do. Also hire him if and when we should get into a bind. They are a great machine. When I keep track of the acres we do in a day versus his outfit I would say slightly more than twice as I wrote before. Maybe in the flat lands of the midwest it might be different but when you are talking in general which this started out to be. My feeling is that most of the technology is wasted.

I suppose for special cases it will work out but working out and paying your way are two different scenarios.

Maybe farmers buy the combine without the supporting equipment (another 200,000) which then slows down the whole operation. All I can tell you from personal experience is that when we are done and have things put away they are still trying to run. He farms four times what we do and should according to your time schedule be done about the same time. Just never seems to work like that.

your experience may vary. he's coming to visit tomorrow I 'll ask.

Edited by sri 1/23/2007 14:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)