AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CASE iH AFS PRO 600 AUTOSTEERING
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 1/20/2007 16:45 (#91619 - in reply to #91561)
Subject: RE: But is SMS compatible with JD?

Hillsboro, AL

If he has a mixed fleet, maybe it makes sense for him to look at 3rd party yield monitors, lightbars, guidance systems, so that an operator will have a familiar interface no matter what color machine he climbs into.

I like the AFS system. It works, it's accurate, it's straightforward. GS users probably feel the same way about their systems (at least I hope so!)

I like the AFS system also.  It was very accurate and for the most part fairly straight forward to use.  The point that I am trying to make is that with the new AFS system and current philosophy, if you buy the AFS system now, you are totally committing to it.  You can not mix and match equipment with ease.  You can not change to another color in the future if you want to use your historical data.  You will counter that I can export the data out of SMS.  That may be true, but in what form.  I want the raw data.  Once the data is processed in SMS it is just that, processed data.  It will have all the assumptions that SMS made and there will be no way to remove that. 

I do not feel like the choice of a precision farming system should tie your hands like the AFS system is trying to do.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)