AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CASE iH AFS PRO 600 AUTOSTEERING
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 1/20/2007 13:26 (#91561 - in reply to #91550)
Subject: RE: But is SMS compatible with JD?

roaming
SMS is compatible with GS1, but not GS2 (yet). I'm not an Ag Leader employee, so I can't answer the question of whether or not AL is committed to working w/ JD. I'd post on their website forum if I were you. Matter of fact, I might post there myself.

I'm not saying "lock into SMS (or the AFS branded version) and red equipment and never look back". I think each producer needs to choose what works best in his operation. If he's using green equipment, and it works well for him, and the integrated green precision farming equipment works well for him, then that's awesome.

By the same token, if he's using red equipment, and the AFS system works for him, that's awesome, too.

If he has a mixed fleet, maybe it makes sense for him to look at 3rd party yield monitors, lightbars, guidance systems, so that an operator will have a familiar interface no matter what color machine he climbs into.

I like the AFS system. It works, it's accurate, it's straightforward. GS users probably feel the same way about their systems (at least I hope so!)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)