AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed Command for Two Planters - Same Field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/17/2007 21:16 (#90129)
Subject: Seed Command for Two Planters - Same Field

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Some of us have been disucssing the situation of using the Seed Command concept from Ag Leader for use with the Insight in situations where two planters are used in the same field.

If only one planter is involved everything will probably work out fine. That planter will know where it has planted and should be able to shut off sections of point rows as desired.

We can't think of a very good way to handle the situation when two planters each with seed command are working in the same field. If one planter has done the ends, the other rig won't be aware of this fact and will not shut off sections correctly.

The only solution I can think of would be to have each planter start on opposite sides of the field and work towards the middle. Each planter would need to plant its "own" ends. This seems clunky but I can't think of another solution.

I suppose the far out solution would be if the two rigs were on a common network so each system would "know" what the other had done. Maybe this will happen in the future.

Thinking about it more, the problem would continue with Autoswath in two sprayers in the same field or any operation where two or more similar rigs were working together in the same field.

Presently, we would continue to have the problem of melding the data together so that a combine or combines would have a complete variety reference map for auto region switching for varieties.

If you have any ideas of how to handle this - come to our Open House @ L&D on Friday, January 17.

Edited by tedbear 1/18/2007 17:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)