AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for advice on software programs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinFButt
Posted 1/17/2007 16:29 (#89991 - in reply to #89954)
Subject: RE: Looking for advice on software programs

North Central Iowa

I have an Insight system and have been using SMS Advanced here for several years and have been completely satisfied with AgLeader. I am anxiously awaiting their SMS Mobile product and interested in how that will work out. According to the information on their website it looks like it's the ideal solution for the other stuff that you want to do w/o investing in another Insight. Right now I use an HP iPaq handheld running a program called HGIS. HGIS is a simple easy to use, no frills software that can be used for collecting GPS data. It can run on any desktop/laptop system with Windows as well as a handheld PC running Windows PocketPC. The cost is relatively low too. Their website is www.starpal.com and has a listing of dealers that sell it. It looks like your in NC Iowa which is where I'm from (Iowa Falls). I know AgVantage FS is a dealer for them. It's worth checking out.

I don't run FarmWorks so I honestly cannot comment on them, but other posts on this sight always seems very positive and they seem like they have a great product. I'll let others comment on them.

HTH!

Kevin 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)