AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cost to change grn * sf1 to sf2?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bkandra
Posted 4/21/2006 07:45 (#6692 - in reply to #6683)
Subject: Re: cost to change grn * sf1 to sf2?

I just purchased the G*2 SF-2 ready system. This is what I was told: If you buy the system SF-1 only and later want to upgrade to SF-2 it will cost you a one time $2500 fee, plus the subscription fee of $800 per year. If you buy the system SF-2 ready, it will cost you $2000 up-front, but then all you have to buy is the subscription. This really just has to do wil the receiver (Starfire ITC) and has nothing to do with the rest of the system.

As far as using it, I just yesterday got to try out my G*2 autotrac with the planter (JD 8120). I was told that I needed SF-2 to be happy with the planter, so I shelled out the extra 2 grand. I haven't signed up for the subscription yet, so I was running SF-1 yesterday. I was using markers to keep an eye on how it did. Unless something changes later, I will NOT be using SF-2, as it was keeping on the mark just as good as I ususally drive it. I only shifted once in 1 1/2 hours. If ALL you want is autotrac, and are not interested in the documentation, mapping or other stuff that the new system will do, just get the G*1 with the new receiver and I think you'll be fine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)