AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Steer and curves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dgrimm
Posted 4/20/2006 17:15 (#6545)
Subject: EZ-Steer and curves

Got the EZ-steer hooked up and running on an 8410 while planting. As others have indicated, the accuracy on straight A-B lines looks good. No complaints and happy with the performance there. Curves are another story...

First disclaimer is I realize there will be machine drag issues around curves... But there are other, seemly more solvable problems it appears. At first, my impression was that it simply didn't work it waited to long to attempt to compensate, and then way overcompensated once it started to turn.

However, closer examination makes me suspect the steering component is performing nicely, it is the guidance software that is screwed up. From watching the screen on the lightbar, it appears the EZ-Steer chops a curve into line "segments". I think there needs to be about 2-3 times the number of line segments it creates. I would not consider these sharp curves, but the unit is way to jumpy when going around them.

Talked to tech support and it sounds as though this is not an uncommon problem. I was hopping I had missed a setting to increase the number of "segments" that were created, but no such luck. Standard response of drive slower (between 5 and 7) -- we were driving 5.5 and get the latest firmware (we have 3.1)

Anyone else seeing this issue? It seems like it would be a fairly correctable problem with a software upgrade.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)