AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield monitor data comparison
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 4/21/2006 15:50 (#6796 - in reply to #6536)
Subject: Re: Yield monitor data comparison

I can speak to Deere, from the outside looking in: Logging interval is fixed at 1 second. Same data available as AgLeader (width, distance, grain flow, moisture content, heading) except it is missing a good time value. You can read Deere data into any of the popular desktop software packages. All packages have the ability to write Deere setup cards, but not sure anyone other than MapShots has implememted it. Deere supports variety locator files that will auto-assign the variety based on your current harvest location. AgLeader has Loads within a field. To accomplish this with Deere, you have to define a variety... so you may have a variety called LowNH3 if you wanted to associate grain with a named area where you were doing low nitrogen rates.

If CropTracer is turned on, Deere has loads that are independent of the variety marking feature I mentioned. I don't think the use of these is very common.

Calibration is really one of the biggest differences. AgLeader does an optimized calibration across multiple calibration loads, and the results of the multi-breakpoint calibration curve are applied previously harvested data. Deere calibration applies to grain harvested from the point of calibration on (and it is a single-load calibration). The application of that calibration to earlier harvested grain must be done in the office.

I'm not familiar enough with Agco to accurately address the questions. While CNH and AgLeader have different file formats, I think you will find the available data and the calibration processes to be the same.

Edited by Macy 4/21/2006 15:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)