AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield monitor data comparison
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Cutter
Posted 4/20/2006 15:27 (#6536)
Subject: Yield monitor data comparison

Are there any good yield monitor comparisons out there that go so far as to tell you whether or not a yield monitor has the ability to log data by field and load or just field, all attributes within the data file that are being logged to the card, data logging intervals (including if variable), etc? I am not as interested in the physical specs as I am in knowing what the actual logging specs are. Ag Leader does a good job of publishing this information in a way that makes it easy to find (you don't have to read the entire manual to find what you're looking for). I have yet to find squat about any other yield monitor as detailed as what Ag Leader publishes via their web site. How do I know how close or far they are to doing what an Ag Leader does? I talked to my Deere dealer and they say they always do better than Ag Leader, but don't know what or how better is and nor could they show me a tech manual, sales manual or owners manual as proof. I need the facts. I have a decision to make and spending lots of time researching something as basic as what Ag Leader publishes is of little value.

I need to know the following for CaseIH, New Holland, AGCO, and Deere yield monitors:

Data logging intervals (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 second fixed or variable)?
Listing of what is contained within each manufacturers data format?
Who is compatible enough to download their data directly into a competitive brand's or third party's software (i.e., CaseIh yield data directly from the combine on the PC card into Deere software)?
Ability to log by field and individual load?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)