AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Autopilot Fault
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

AmanaGPSGuy
Posted 11/15/2009 15:27 (#925046)
Subject: Trimble Autopilot Fault

Amana, IA
While doing deep tillage with a Case 485 Quadtrac with EZ 500 and Trimble Autopilot (WAAS) I started getting a low voltage fault for the steering angle sensor. I think it is fault code #40 when I went into the fault menu to try and clear it.
I would clear it and then re-engage autopilot, but the fault would come up every time I turned at each end of the field.
I also had some problems with drift at times.
Where is the steering angle sensor located on this tractor and is there a way to check myself to see if the sensor is bad or if it is a wiring issue?
Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mcline
Posted 11/15/2009 16:13 (#925092 - in reply to #925046)
Subject: Re: Trimble Autopilot Fault

Ladoga, IN, United States, North America, Earth
If its new enough it is an autosense monted in the pinch point. If it is older it wil be a steering cylinder. If it is a complete autopilot kit it will be the autosense.
mx270a
Posted 11/15/2009 17:00 (#925131 - in reply to #925046)
Subject: RE: Trimble Autopilot Fault

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
If you have the steering angle sensor in the cylinder, and it becomes an issue, I've heard that it is cheaper to buy AutoSense than to replace that cylinder.
disker
Posted 11/15/2009 17:03 (#925134 - in reply to #925131)

Alberta
I had a New holland 4wd throw that code at me a few times this summer, it turned out to be the cable to the autosense was zipped tied too tight in the pivot of the tractor, it pulled a pin loose in the connector and that is why it was intermittent. If you have the autosense it will be at the center pivot area, just check the wires.
midwest
Posted 11/16/2009 14:13 (#926340 - in reply to #925046)

You can look at the left side steering cylinder and see if it has the steering sensor in it. They are not worth fixing. CIH knows they have a major problem with these failing and they have a service bullitin out on it. If the tractor is not under warranty I think they will still help you out cost wise.
ZRT800
Posted 11/17/2009 09:19 (#927410 - in reply to #925046)

I just setup a 535 that was AGR ready. I had the same problem as Disker. There was a zip tie on the clip of the 4 pin con. about a foot away from the autosense. The plug then backed out enough to cause it to appear plugged in, but not. you will see the cable from the right side in the center of the piviot.
straighttalker
Posted 11/18/2009 00:55 (#928440 - in reply to #925046)

Powell, WY
Depending on the year of the machine (the older will have a sensor built on to the articulating cylinder there is a bulletin to replace this sensor with a much better "Trimble Autosense" ).
The newer year models come from the factory with the Trimble Autosense already on it (location is fixed to a bracket on the upper pivot).
If it is the newer model year version with this problem there are a couple of things to check:
make sure the harness was not stretched to tight causing the pins to loose contact inside the weatherpack connector when turning.
Run the simple calibration for the sensor.
straighttalker
Posted 11/19/2009 22:06 (#930982 - in reply to #925046)

Powell, WY
Sorry before my earlier comment I should have clarified first. Did this machine come from (CaseIH AccuGuide Ready and then had a hybrid Trimble Autopilot system installed) or is it (a full Trimble Autopilot install)?
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)