AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Dog
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmerrob
Posted 11/4/2009 23:08 (#913933)
Subject: Farm Dog

Well tonight while at work I got one of those bad phone calls you hate to get, the family dog had been hit by a grain truck. She had to be put down. My youngest had been asking for another dog(puppy) for over a year now and we had been thinking that next summer for her birthday. I know neither kids or the wife are ready to think about a puppy but I sit here at work unable to think about much else but them and the good dog we had. The farm won't seem right with out a farmyard dog. I'll miss my feedtime buddy too. So I wanted to ask you fellow Ag Talkers, what is a good farm dog to get? A few requirements, must be good around livestock but I do not necessarily want a working dog and it must be a smallish- medium to medium sized dog to match up with the kids in size. I thought about a dog from the pound as several of those I had as a kid made good dogs but we never had the livestock at the house when I was kid. Sometimes, you never know what you will get with them. I am not opposed to buying a good dog either. I thought I might start searching now so maybe next year I can see if the "bosses at the house" are ready for another dog.

Thanks

Edited by farmerrob 11/4/2009 23:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)