AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any thoughts on this one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Kamp
Posted 1/9/2007 23:19 (#85625 - in reply to #85189)
Subject: Re: Any thoughts on this one?

Central SD
"I think the major problem(s) with this arrangement is that the Deere system will not "Know" that the Ag Leader has shut some or all of the sections OFF due to coverage. For example, if all sections are enabled by the Deere switches in a normal pass and point rows are encountered, the Ag Leader system will shut off the boom sections as desired. However, the Deere system will not be aware of this and will continue to attempt to deliver the proper flow as if all sections were still ON."

I have Swath Pro (Demo 10hrs came with 2600 Display) on my 4720. What little I have used it, your quote above is the way my sprayer acts while in swath control mode. The boom section icons on my brown display switch from a colored box (On) to no box when entering a covered area. While in manual mode there is a clear box (Off). Meanwhile, I noticed the pressure stays at field pressure. Like it's deadheading. I suppose that's the way it has to be, to be ready to go again once you leave a covered area.

Also, I accessed the center boom section wiring underneath the floor mat as a switch to tell my Ipaq when to log or not. My spray tech built me a harness to keep my Ipaq from getting to much voltage. But I suppose that won't work for you because you need to open and close the valve, not just monitor it.

Would your spray info be off? Does the JD know which boom sections are off or how many acres you're covering? Or do you get all that info from your Ag Leader?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)