AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agri Business Solutions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tallcornman
Posted 2/22/2007 09:47 (#109080 - in reply to #108520)
Subject: RE: Agri Business Solutions

not to beat this issue to death, but i was talking with a friend of mine (the guy that told me i needed to get on board with ABS) that has been on with ABS for many years and I brought up some of the negative points you made Catman to see if he agreed or disagreed. He said he's been on since before there was any affiliation with Russell and that there isn't really any similarity in their business models. He said they went to Russell looking for financials but didn't find what they needed. You also said they want to control your marketing, crop insurance and financials, but neither my friend or myself have felt like they want to "control" it? For me the financial and crop insurance analysis is just another look at my business that has helped with my decisions. As far as Ag Spectrum, i've never heard a 'pitch' didn't know about the business and i really don't care. My friend just said he new that Darren had an agronomy background. And neither of us have ever had a problem with communicating with them. I don't know, there just seems to be some conflicting reports out there. You also said you get the same advice as me, that is great if you do because good advice is hard to find. You are probably sitting in the same position as me with no 07 corn sold and calls on the crop worth .90+ cents. I'm sure you are waiting for a little blip in the weather just like me! It's going to be a fun season, that's for sure. Too bad land rent is going to get so crazy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)