AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you drive?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Suey
Posted 10/21/2009 20:02 (#893643 - in reply to #893558)
Subject: RE: What do you drive?

WCIL
When one of neighbor farmers is sick, hurt or dies before harvest is completed. All the farmers in the area get together one day to harvest all of his crops. This usually takes 3-4 combines , 6 grain carts, and lots of semis/80 acre field.
The women folk, (those who are not in tractors, combines, or trucks), Fix a noon meal heavy on meat, potatoes and PIE. Usually the meal is served in the church basement or the fire station. Since I'm usually in the grain cart I send a salad.

In our area we average one every other year. It is kind of like an insurance policy you hope you never need. Your premium is your time and use of your equipment. You show up with all fuel tanks full. At the end of the day the fuel truck shows up and fills all fuel tanks back up. The last one I did must have had 100 people helping harvest. In fact I think they had to turn some people down. They are usually covered in the paper and the local TV station comes out. It makes you feel good and no one ever wants to be left out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)