AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anyone using agleader in site verification mode
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mtbrights
Posted 4/19/2006 01:50 (#6248 - in reply to #6222)
Subject: RE: anyone using agleader in site verification mode

I'm assuming your using an Insight but if not I apologize.

You can do both at the same time if you want, or you can do the boundaries first or later. Input the names of your fields first so you can go to them when changing fields. When you start seeding you will need to do the first round to trace the boundary to get an accurate picture. You've already found how to set your offset to the edge. Otherwise you could use a vehicle with GPS (such as a pickup sprayer) to log the boundaries ahead of time. If your pressed for time now you can always come back later and do the boundaries, but, I would definitely take an hour to set up your operators, farms and field names now howeverthe way you plan to have them. It's not a big deal out in the field but it makes a huge difference when you go to work with this data at home as noted below.

I should give you a heads up that taking the time to get things right in the field in the Insight is a lot easier than trying to correct mistakes at home in a program such as SMS. I found out the hard way something as simple as the wrong date and time in the Insight created a lot of time wasted at home trying to figure out how to fix it. When we did the software upgrade the internal time clock reset to 1969, which we discovered later.

The latest software upgrade for the Insight made for a vastly improved unit but it takes time to figure out how to use all of it. Boundary mapping was one of the improvements as you can now take acreage out of a field (such as a wetland) easily. Boundaries are important for some of the Ag Leader upgrades such as AutoSwath.

For what you paid for it you might as well get the most out of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)