AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

H1N1 Vaccine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Redman
Posted 10/15/2009 23:28 (#886733 - in reply to #885768)
Subject: RE:Congratulations to

SW Saskatchewan
All the young women and mothers who get this vaccine.

Results are starting to come in from Canada and the death rate in young women who contract H1N1 is startling.

Part of the deadliness comes from the increased incidence of viral pneumonia in those affected by H1N1.

Viral pneumonia is no joke - about 20 years ago, our small community lost two young mothers, nursing and no doubt with weakened immune systems from the stress and work of being a mother, from viral pneumonia. The relentless progression and inability to treat this illness when the individuals immune system is stricken is heartbreaking. Knowing a young person in the prime of their life is going to die is the saddest thing anyone has to face. Except that a husband and young family having to go one alone is sadder still.

I am of the age group that has immunity to H1N1, I had the Asian flu in 1957 and will probably not come down this time around. But when the vaccine is available for my priority group, I will get it-don't want to carry it to some one who may be susceptible.

If you need to prove your masculinity by not getting a flu shot, OK, but it would even be better in my mind if you got your shot so you can be here to be with your family next year.

And I know all the women on here are too smart to play with fire.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)