AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmworks ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ingram
Posted 1/9/2007 08:21 (#85192 - in reply to #84591)
Subject: Some Device Limits

Yes, there are several devices that have limits on the number of polygons or vertices they are capable of handling.

Mid-Tech .ARM files are limited to 10,000 polygons. 10,000 looks to be the magic number for Mid-Tech. As I was scanning the documentation, I see that this limit is also applied to sampling points, sampling grids, lines, and "features".

AGCO Falcon, is limited to 350 rows or columns in a single field. When we were building the FODD, we would automatically increase the grid size in the correct direction until this requirement was met, and then inform the user what was done. I believe the FODD built by AGCO has a similar process.

Back when I was using FieldLink for soil sampling, it was limited to 2000 vertices in a single boundary. I think 2000 is the correct number...It has been quite a while since I used FieldLink in a production environment. This came into play on a few boundaries that contained a large number of waterways and/or terraces.

I believe the Insight also has a limit on the number of polygons in a single prescription file, but I can't seem to find the exact number at this point. We have one client that runs into this when an individual provides him with spread files from another system.

Clint Ingram
MapShots, Inc.

Edited by Ingram 1/9/2007 08:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)