AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can I use Food Saver bags in my Seal-A-Meal?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Rockman
Posted 10/9/2009 08:37 (#877305)
Subject: Can I use Food Saver bags in my Seal-A-Meal?

Has anyone tried using Food Saver brand bags with a Seal-A-Meal machine? The seal-a-meal bags are getting hard to find and, of course, I don't want to buy a new machine just to solve my problem.

23 degrees this a.m. here in west central MN. Only 80 acres of beans out so far and all the corn to go yet. Getting hard to be the eternal optimist.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Von WC Ohio
Posted 10/9/2009 09:49 (#877453 - in reply to #877305)
Subject: RE: Can I use Food Saver bags in my Seal-A-Meal?

I use them and they seem to work as good as the seal a meal ones.

Can usually find Food Saver bags at Wally world or you can order on line. Seems once you order on line you can get some better pricing deals offered via email.

Neither brand bag works for me sealing food that has high liquid content (fresh fish). Seems for that I need to flash freeze and then seal.  

sodbuster35
Posted 10/10/2009 08:52 (#878768 - in reply to #877305)
Subject: Re: Can I use Food Saver bags in my Seal-A-Meal?

WC Illinois/SE Iowa
I have a seal-a-meal brand and my instruction book says you can use food saver bags. I have and they work fine. My friend has a food saver brand and seal-a-meal bags don't work as well. Go figure.

We tried the fresh fish thing as well and had troubles (with his). I never thought of flash freezing. Thanks Von
Cowboycorn
Posted 10/10/2009 09:07 (#878796 - in reply to #878768)
Subject: Re: Can I use Food Saver bags in my Seal-A-Meal?

north central Oklahoma
Has anyone bothered to read the instructions? I am assuming all these food saver/seal-a-meal units are also vacuum baaggers too. When the vacuum is operating, it's pulling moisture out of whatever 'wet' product you put in the bag. That little heat tape will never seal a wet union. We steam blanch all kinds of veggies, flash freeze them, then seal the bag. No problemmo. The vacuum part sure cuts down on the freezer burn we once had with the older seal-a-meal units.
max02
Posted 6/1/2010 04:19 (#1220477 - in reply to #877305)
Subject: RE: Can I use Food Saver bags in my Seal-A-Meal?

Yes Dear U can use Food Saver bags in my Seal-A-Meal.... I always use it ...Not only bags u can use liquid content also...Some instruction that u should follow ... like before keeping in Food Saver of meat u should keep in freezer only for 20 minutes....for more u can read http://www.foodsaverblog.com.. I think it is helpful for u...Keep Smiling
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)