AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laptop Computers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Justin
Posted 4/18/2006 17:33 (#6160 - in reply to #6037)
Subject: RE: Laptop Computers

Central OH
Ryan,
I do some computer training at work, and we use HP laptops. I have been impressed at how well they hold up, as they get carried around shipped via UPS alot. They are pretty pricey however.

I have had Dell computers in the past, and have been pleased with them. They are more affordable than the HP laptops from work, but something to watch for is the power cord. The style connector Dell uses sticks out pretty far and is prone to breaking off the outlet in the motherboard so the battery won't charge. If your aware of this and don't put the computer in a position that puts pressure on the connector they are good. If your going to go with Dell, college students get a 10% discount off the top, just ask for it. Sometimes they also run better deals through their small business website than the home or college site, so watch it as well.

http://www.slickdeals.net/
is a site that has alot of special discount codes and deals for dell listed on it. Right now there is a dell laptop for $488.

Just don't rush to buy anything, check out all the brands first. The post above about college discounts is a good idea, check on software discounts as well, it may be cheaper to get MS Office from the college rather than buying it on the computer. FFA may have a group purchase as well. I paid $23 for MS Office by buying it through a college. It costs $150 to get it added on from Dell.

Good Luck with college!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)