AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone know a good dial-up?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 12/26/2006 11:53 (#78851 - in reply to #78581)
Subject: RE: Anyone know a good dial-up?

Why do you need a back up for rainy days? I've been on satellite isp's for 4 years now and yes they might go down during the most intense part of a storm, but normally they are back up and running in 5 to 15 minutes as soon as the cell passes. Normal rain or snow doesn't affect it at all. If you are losing it more frequently than that you should call the tech that installed the dish and get it tuned in better.

As for email instead of worrying about what an isp had for email we switched to using gmail. It will download everything to your desktop email program or you can look at it on the internet on a web page. Been on it for over a year now, fast, reliable, easy to use. That way you can change isp's without having to send everyone a new addy.

Yahoo will do similar, but in order to get them to download to your outlook on your computer you have to pay them something like $20 per year. They do have a new beta email that is in my opinion better than their old one, but I think the only reason they came up with it is because gmail was blowing them away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)