AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ahaygal
Posted 9/10/2009 15:13 (#841656)
Subject: I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!

Saronville, NE
Baby Shannon went down for a nap, so thought I'd mow around the house....that was about half an hour ago. I'm now taking a break after a close encounter with a snake! Hubby would say "it's just a little garter snake"...about 12" long and the diameter of a nickel at it's widest...Y U C K !!!!!! Y U C K !!!!!! Y U C K !!!!!! Have been lucky and haven't seen any since early summer...granted I didn't do much mowing over the summer with the baby and all, but I thought it was safe on the lawn with the cooler weather now...guess not!!!!!!

I bought some "snake stop" from Earl May to sprinkle around, but they told me at the garden center that snakes would not cross the barrier to leave if they are near the house foundation and you sprinkle it there. Well I don't want them in the foundation of the house or in the basement (already had them there and I'm not fond of going down there just in case)!! This has probably already been discussed on NAT, but has anybody had luck making your yard unfriendly to snakes?

Thanks for any ideas...my heart rate is about back to normal now so I'll go out and get back to work!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)