AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

newagtalk cookbook????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Angus in ncmo
Posted 9/7/2009 21:27 (#838629 - in reply to #837388)
Subject: Caution! -- Single guy standpoint

I'm wondering about an online, searchable version of a cookbook. I understand the money-making aspect, but the only reason I would have to buy one would be to "gift" it to someone else.  

If the money-making aspect is more important, I can understand that, just offering a viewpoint for consideration and everyone can disregard this post.

I've NEVER had the urge to read a cookbook looking for recipes that seem like they might be good to "try".  I don't consider myself a bad cook, but I don't have a wide variety of things I make either so I've pretty well perfected what I am comfortable cooking.  Don't know why, but probably a guy thing??? 

On occasion though, I might get the urge to attempt something different with my 'staples'.  A key word searchable forum would be something quick to bring up everything with 'ground beef', or 'green beans', or 'corn', or ... you get the picture.

Don't know whether it's even appropriate to suggest this or not, but an "AgTalk Recipes" section here on this site would be searchable, and if possible could maybe be set up with a couple lady moderators that could make changes/corrections as needed so the busy site moderators wouldn't have their work load added to. Could be setup like the 'for sale' or 'want to buy' sections (here on Agtalk), where the posts/recipes couldn't be replied to (keep from using up bandwidth unnecessarily), but possibly be edited by the original poster or the section moderators if needed (duplicates, mistaking Tspn for tsp, etc). 

If someone tried a recipe and wanted to comment on it, they could do so in another section, like the 'Kitchen Table' or at the 'Cafe',   ex.="Tried ??? recipe and it was great. or thought it could use ..." and link the recipe in that thread.

just a thought,

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)