AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I a jerk for doing this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boa628
Posted 8/30/2009 00:59 (#829525)
Subject: Am I a jerk for doing this?

SWOH
My daughter has her 4th birthday coming up in Spetember.....she loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney channel (she chooses that and Word World as her hour of TV for the day) and she keeps seeing this commercial for this Mickey Mouse Surprise Clubhouse toy and she said that's all she wants for her birthday. The commercial does make it look pretty cool......but I read the reviews for it on Amazon.com and the ToysRUs website and 95% percent of the reviews said it was a piece of junk and a total waste of money....it falls apart really easy and it's not as fun as the kid's thought it would be. So I'm thinking about getting it for her anyway and try to teach her the lesson that stuff always looks more fun in the commercials than it actually is. Am I a jerk for setting her up for disappointment on her birthday? I mean she really wants this thing. I found it on clearance for $20 (half price). I guess the worst that could happen is she actually loves the thing and I'll have to try it again with something else. My wife thinks it's mean....I think we might as well put a stop to the wanting everything in the commercials while she's still fairly young. Looking for a second mother's opinion......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)