AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WAAS Changes?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Don Smith
Posted 4/16/2006 22:15 (#5762 - in reply to #5731)
Subject: RE: WAAS Changes?

Centre county Pennsylvania, USA
Ted,

If you were getting WAAS while traveling North but not while traveling South in that north end of your field, it may be that your GPS antenna installation has some kind of low elevation blockage or multipath in the AOR-W satellite direction as you travel North.

We haven't experienced any WAAS problems here yet, and AOR-W is lower on our horizon than it is on yours.

From what I has been able to glean from FAA websites, the new WAAS satellite (PanAmSat @ 133 west) is now broadcasting WAAS corrections in test mode. It's position is further east of AOR-W by 9 degrees so it will appear at higher elevation on your horizon Also it is broadcasting at higher power levels to better penetrate foliage blockage. None of that helps any if your WAAS receiver isn't programmed to receive the new WAAS satellite. I don't know what PRN has been assigned to the new WAAS satellite at 133 west, but whatever that is your GPS/WAAS receiver must be programmed to receive WAAS on that PRN. I think that's a simple firmware upgrade if needed, but it must be provided by your GPS/WAAS receiver provider.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)