AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ideas for cleaning out Hagie Wet Boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/30/2024 09:36 (#10793071)
Subject: Ideas for cleaning out Hagie Wet Boom

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
First year with a used Hagie STS-12. It has a wet boom with flange end caps. Some sections are fed from one end and have a cap on the other. The outer sections need to fold and are fed from the middle of one portion and the end of the other. This means 3 caps are involved.

Yesterday we removed the end caps to flush the booms out completely as we will be switching to different products for soybeans. We removed the end caps and ran pure water through until the flow was clear. This worked OK but took a fair amount of time since there are a total of 12 end caps.

I'm looking for ideas to add some type of fittings to the end caps to make this task go faster. One approach would be to install a nozzle body adapter and then just use a blank cap to plug the end for normal use. To clean a boom section would then just involve removing the cap and rinsing out the section. There would be some clearance issues in some locations.

A former Fast sprayer used garden hose caps on the ends of each boom section to accomplish this. I could possibly adapt the flange caps to a Garden Hose fitting and use a Garden hose cap.

I thought about using quarter turn valves but question how long they would be usable.

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

Edited by tedbear 6/30/2024 09:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)