AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (10) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ideas for cleaning out Hagie Wet Boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format
 
tedbear
Posted 7/10/2024 06:53 (#10805050 - in reply to #10804004)
Subject: RE: Ideas for cleaning out Hagie Wet Boom


Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ARCTIC - 7/9/2024 11:22

tedbear - 7/1/2024 05:43

tileplow - 6/30/2024 22:41

Maybe our concerns about flushing are not warranted. Maybe the atrazine sludge would just remain deadheaded at the end of the boom sections and not cause any problems.


I'm finding that leaving the sprayer wet with Glufosinate (liberty) and roundup overnight dissolves the stuff and the first 200' you spray the next day is strongly tainted with the goo and it NUKES your soybeans. SO I need to do whatever you're doing as well. Please keep us posted! Pictures are always appreciated for dummies like me :)


We finally were able to spray our soybeans yesterday due to excessive rains here in S Minnesota. We are using a combo of several products on the soybeans including a Liberty type product, a corn killer, a residual product and some other additives. There are a total of 6 products used in our recommended "mix". Due to a long day we were able to get all the soybeans sprayed (at least those that are above water).

The tender truck that is used for the soybean hot mixe had been used with a mix containing atrazine for spraying our corn. The atrazine was our concern. A neighbor had an oversupply of 32% nitrogen delivered to his farm due to a change in his plans. The Coop allowed us to pick up his extra product and transport it to our tanks at my place. This worked out well since it helped out the neighbor and we could use the product. The side benefit was that by using our tender truck to relocate the extra fertilizer in our truck, it acted as a cleaning agent during the move. The sight glass tubing had become impossible to use due to the coating from the atrazine. After the move this cleaned up quite nicely. Two loads were hauled so we are "hoping" that this cleaned up the tender tank adequately.

The other concern was the sprayer itself. We used tank cleaner in the main tank and let it sit. We cleaned out the booms by removing the end caps and flushing with the cleaner from the main tank and then again with pure water.

We hope that these efforts were adequate. When my Great Nephew started on the first field yesterday, he ran the sprayer on the outside of the field for a bit to charge the lines with "new" product. I don't know if he repeated this process with the succeeding fields. For the most part the succeeding fields were very close and the soybean product would not have sat in the boom for very long during the moves. One field was six miles away. Since this all happened just yesterday I don't know if we will experience your problem.

Today we will be switching to Y-dropping corn. This will require a good cleaning of the equipment again since we don't want any remnants of corn killer. It almost seems that we are spending as much time in cleaning and preparing the sprayer for the switch than we are actually spraying.
Top of the page Bottom of the page


Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)