AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

G5 Plus Monitor on 1770NT Case IH - Issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MrMNHemp
Posted 6/29/2024 12:26 (#10792038)
Subject: G5 Plus Monitor on 1770NT Case IH - Issue

Helllo Everyone,
Hoping someone can shed some light to what our issue is. We upgraded to a 1770 NT Planter and a MX305 Tractor. We have added the Reichardt Green Fit to the tractor, so that we can run the auto steer and the planter through the G5 Plus Monitor. Our issue we keep running into is, the monitor will not ready the GPS Speed, so the planter will not plant at all. We have spent countless hours working on trying to figure this out, from JD to Reichardt. We have tried the 4640 monitors and still have the same issue. If we put a 2630 or 2600 monitor in, then everything works as it should. The GPS speed is there and the tractor / planter combination works great. But we upgraded monitors and really feel like I do not want to buy another older monitor, just so this works.
So with the G5 Plus monitor hooked up, we have no GPS Speed. Then we accidently discovered, if we disconnect the ISO cable and start the tractor up, then plug the cable back in, all of a sudden the GPS Speed shows up and it works.....Great! We can do this, inconvenient, but it works. This worked at the JD Shop last fall and the 1st day planting. 2nd day of spring planting, started the tractor up and plugged in the cable.....Nothing. Could not get it to work at all. So....tried putting a "R' Series tractor on it to isolate the issue. The 4640 / G5 Plus Monitor did not work.
Then put the 2630 monitor back in and had to plant. It works, but now i will have to buy this monitor. Which I really do not want to do, after upgrading monitors and globes and then spending all of this $ on the JD service and they still cannot figure this out. Does anyone have any insight or idea's on what I am missing?

Thank You in Advance!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)