AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field IQ Rate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/2/2024 16:46 (#10796131 - in reply to #10795693)
Subject: RE: Field IQ Rate

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
If you are using a Raven butterfly valve (that's what the picture would clarify) then the control valve setting in the Field IQ menu should be set to a "Standard Valve".

When the system is set to standard, two wires are involved. If the calculated applied rate is in close agreement with the target rate, both wires "float" (that is are neither positive nor negative). The control valve stays at its present position since the flow is within range.

If the calculated applied rate is low, then the system will nudge the control valve motor by sending "+" on one wire and "-" on the other wire for a short period of time. This will change the position of the butterfly slightly to affect the rate. It will then compare the calculated applied rate against the target rate again and repeat if necessary until the calculated rate closely agrees.

If the calculated applied rate is high, then the system will nudge the control valve motor in the other direction by sending "-" on the first wire and "+" on the second wire in an attempt to nudge the butterfly in the other direction.

Once the calculated applied rate closely agrees with the target rate (usually within 3%) the system will again put both wires in "float" so that the motor does not turn.

With the control set to PWM (Pulse Width Modulation), the system sends out short shots of electricity in an attempt to hold a plunger type control valve partially open. These shots of electricity form pulses of varying width or time. Thus the name Pulse Width Modulation (change).

This is often used with systems where the speed of a hydraulic pump is controlled by a PWM hydraulic valve.

Here again a picture would have allowed me and others to quickly recognize what type of control you are using and make suggestions relative to your problem. Not everyone's sprayer is setup like yours.

Edited by tedbear 7/2/2024 16:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)