AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do I need
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 6/28/2024 14:24 (#10790931 - in reply to #10790416)
Subject: RE: What do I need

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

You could consider upgrading in steps (few years) {Wait one or two years , for the more expensive Autosteer options}

Start with Ag Leader Incommand 1200 (maybe used) for "full feature" monitor.

For GPS receiver, you could go with cheaper "WAAS only" type (maybe $500; used= like a GPS1600 "WAAS only" unit), BUT you can't upgrade it, to a better "Correction signal" in the future = you would have to sell it, and buy a better GPS receiver; THUS you could just spend an extra $700 ,now and get a GPS receiver that can be upgraded, in the future = I bought Ag Leader GPS7500; and have upgraded it from WAAS(6"-8" accuracy within 15 minutes "Pass-to-Pass") to a TerraStar-C Pro correction signal (1"-3" accuracy)

Buy AgLeader electric SureStops for planter units, need cables, clutch module, and lift switches, also (I run 2 lift switches, on my JD7200) You might find used system, if someone upgraded their own planter to a complete Newer-style electric drive type of system = that would be a good deal, if you could find that complete system with cables, clutch module, row clutches, etc.

Even if you waited on Autosteer, with a GPS monitor, in the cab, you will have a colored screen/map to watch, if you happen to NOT be able to see your planter's marker groove, when planting at night = look at monitor's screen to get you back on-line = I did this when I'd loose track of my marker groove, in trashy No-till corn stalks, trying to plant soybeans = I even had EXTRA LED lights on top of cab and up front on weight bracket.

Note: I don't have any GPS , in my old 1984 JD6620 Sidehill combine= no help there.

Note: I ran WAAS correction signal (free signal), for individual planter's row shutoff units and for sprayer's AutoSwath control, a number of years(2013 to 2021) and got along very well, in my area.

Edited by 4WD 6/28/2024 14:25

(Ag Leader Line Art diagram for planters (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Ag Leader Line Art diagram for planters (full).jpg (57KB - 14 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)