AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Easy Meal With Few Ingredients
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

judythe
Posted 8/25/2009 09:13 (#823688 - in reply to #821686)
Subject: Re: Easy Meal With Few Ingredients

Mechanicville, NY
I have a very very old recipe for sour cream raisin pie and i have never made it. i don't care for raisins unless they are the golden ones though. i may have to try it to see what the excitement is about.

I have never been to NE. but Dave loves it in Bloomfield and it sounds beautiful. He says it is one of the few places in the state that has trees, a river and lots of excellent farmland. I am assuming the rest of NE. is pretty arid and dry? I don't know.

It would be so good to be able to serve large amounts of good "real" food and even deliver it during planting and harvest. I love to see a man really eat with a good appetite. That was one of the pleasures of having all of those construction guys working for me. Their wives would pack the most astonishing things in their coolers and lunch boxes! I mean HUGE samwiches and thermoses of good hot soup. One woman froze grapes and filled her husband's thermos with them! He loved it.

I bet we could come up with some good recipes too. Jeepers...

My DIL is begining nursing school in September amd I am so proud of her. She will do well. It is a very hard job to say the least - as you know all too well. Shari has been a CNA for a few years and despite working nights, holidays, crabby doctors and all of the other hazards of nursing, she wants to become an RN. I hope she finds it rewarding. I teach Sunday school to K-5 kids. I can't imagine teaching special education! Talk about a hard job - but I bet it is rewarding :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)