AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harvest-time meals on the go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

bushtonwho?
Posted 8/23/2009 12:47 (#821402 - in reply to #820974)
Subject: RE: Harvest-time meals on the go

While not directly involved with harvests on a daily basis anymore, I am always on the hunt for some easy recipes for my mom to take to the field in the evenings. I know they must get tired of eating the same thing over and over just like she gets tired of fixing the same thing over and over!!! Bless their hearts, they never complain!!!  I think it would be so interesting to get all of the neighbors recipes and see what they take to the field!!!  Maybe everbody in the county is eating the same things!!!

For our family, we do a lot of homemade pizza. It's very easy with the refrigerated pizza crust in the can. During our busy seasons I try to brown extra hamburger and sausage while I make supper to freeze. A little time in the microwave thawing and you can have a pizza done in less than 30 minutes. Easy to take to the field as well.

The refrigerated pizza dough and crescent roll dough (you can actually get sheets of the crescent roll dough without the perferations in them) come in handy to make large hot sandwiches.  I've used it for Reubens, hot ham and cheese and club sandwiches.  Just unroll, spread the toppings down the middle, fold over and bake.

We also grill a lot of the boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (hubby accidentally layed out the wrong chicken one day and he went ahead and grilled it.....what a pleasant mistake!!!).  They make great wraps and sandwiches.  I LOVE mine in a salad.

During the fall and winter, we use a lot of the Bear Creek soup mixes.  The potato is a family favorite and with some sausage and corn make a filling hot meal.  There are always left overs as it makes a huge batch.  This crock pots really well too.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)