AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MEDIA CARD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/20/2006 07:57 (#76153 - in reply to #76007)
Subject: RE: MEDIA CARD

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have always used a card reader with my digital cameras. I move the pictures from the card to the PC, and store them on the hard drive in specific folders. In this way I can find the pictures from a trip or special event quite easily. I often rename the picture files with more descriptive names if the picture is really something special.

I also use some picture modifying programs such as Adobe Photoshop and others to work with the pictures. The Free Pixresizer program which has been discussed here is very handy for shrinking the file size for quicker transfers for e-mail attachements etc.

The two Nikon cameras that I have owned both have a feature that will allow you set a certain picture for the opening screen each time the camera is turned ON. This could be a picture of your kids or whatever.

I tried modifying a picture with Photoshop and then reloading it back to the card with the hope of having the modified picture appear on the opening screen. I saved the modified picture as a .jpg as that is the file type that the camera uses. The camera would allow me to review the pictures that it had taken but would not recognize the modified picture that I had reloaded.

On my newest Nikon I typed up a sign with my name, address, phone number and a reward message. I took a picture of this sign and use this as my opening picture. My hope is that if I should lose this camera it might be picked up by some honest person who would attempt to contact me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)