AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Processing canned fruit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

kentucky scott
Posted 8/20/2009 21:05 (#818449 - in reply to #818090)
Subject: Re: Processing canned fruit

My husband noticed this question and asked if I would like to share what i learned this summer. So here is what I learned about canning peaches. First I wash my jars in a mixture of dish wahing liquid and a very small amount of bleach in my wash water. This is a lot quicker and saves energy than the dishwasher. After this I was told to put my jars in my oven on warm or the lowest setting, and put my lids in a pan of water on medium heat just not boiling. The jars and lids are being kept at a very warm temp while I peel my peaches. After my peaches are peeled and my pot is full I was told to add some water just so the peaches didn't stick. When they come to a rolling boil for about a minute take them off the heat. Bring one jar out of the oven at a time to fill. Put lid on and then they seal real quick. Didn't even have to put the jars in any cooker. Boy did my peaches look beautiful. This was the first time I ever canned any I usually freeze them. You can add sugar to the peaches if you like. Hope the lesson I learned this summer can help you out. The wife
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)