AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

let me be the first to share a little humor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

briggsfm
Posted 8/15/2009 10:01 (#811822)
Subject: let me be the first to share a little humor

Scottville, 49454 Northwest Michigan

A farmer was giving his wife some quick last-minute instructions before heading to town to pick up seeds...

"That fellow from Sematol will be along this afternoon to inseminate one of the cows. I've hung a nail by the right stall so you'll know which one I want him to impregnate."

Satisfied that even his wife could understand the instructions, the farmer left for town.

That afternoon, the "Inseminator" arrives, and the wife dutifully takes him out to the barn, directly to the stall with the nail.

"This is the cow right here," she tells him.

"What's the nail for?", the guy asks.

The wife replies, "I guess it's where you can hang up your pants."

Actually, there's a little lesson to be learned from this story. I don't know about the rest of my fellow farmers, but I've been guilty more than once of not taking the time to properly explain a farm related topic or chore to my wife. Sometimes I'm in too big of a hurry, and I don't provide her with all the information she needs. Can anyone relate?

Anyways, I just wanted to thank all the farmer's wifes out there for working side-by-side with us, without your support we probably couldn't do what we do. I know that's true with my wife.

thank you, gordon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)