AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Compare Raven Smarttrax,EZsteer/guide,JDautoguide.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Don Smith
Posted 4/16/2006 07:57 (#5594 - in reply to #5559)
Subject: RE: Compare Raven Smarttrax,EZsteer/guide,JDautoguide.

Centre county Pennsylvania, USA
Its true that Trimble's EZSteer is lower cost than JD's universal now. We just did comparison pricing on both. We already had Deere's Starfire/iTC receiver and Trimble's EZGuide plus w receiver. Price for EZSteer upgrade was US $4500, that includes GPS speed T cable with Raven controller connector. Price for JD Universal upgrade was shade under US $6000.

We opted for EZSteer upgrade and are very happy with ease of installation and performance test results. Using free WAAS differential corrections with Trimble's built-in EZGuide plus receiver our swath errors were less than 16 inches in a very rolling and tree lined field. That's not good enough for planting but it's certainly good enough for spraying and fertilizer spreading. With EZSteer upgrade we are also saying goodbye to foam markers and wheel magnets, that alone is worth the price of EZSteer upgrade to us.

I'm almost convinced that EZSteer would give planting accuracy if it uses a high quality receiver and HP subscription corrections. Swath errors we were getting seemed to be mostly WAAS correction errors. Trimble's T2 gyro package, version 3.1 firmware, and high quality steering servo motor certainly seem to be sufficient for planting accuracy, if DGPS errors will support planting.

I'm not selling anything and I'm not expert at anything, just relating recent experience.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)