AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flooring opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iluvafarmer
Posted 8/6/2009 14:29 (#801865 - in reply to #801674)
Subject: Re: Flooring opinions

Eastern Nebraska
I recently put my house on the market to sell and the refinsihed oak floors were the thing that helped to clinch the deal. Also had pulled all the carpet in the house up and went one winter with no carpet. Put new carpet back in the bedrooms. Today the middle to upper end carpets are pretty good with the stain resistance. I have a no shoes policy in my house and it works well to save the carpets and the floor.... the other is the kind of carpet you get..... I got a Mohawk with stain resistance and one of my girls spilled permanenet hair dye on it and did not say anything. Found it over a month later and was able to clean it out of the carpet. Also was able to clean ball point pen ink out that they had alllowed to dry. That carpet, padding and instillation cost me about $6 a square foot. Careful when you carpet shop they sell by the square foot now not usually the square yard. The no shoes helps a lot. Wood floors hold up well with kids, teenagers and a dog..... and an occassional scratch and such polished into it gives it character. Use that Orange Glo for wooden floors to clean... quick easy and works well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)