AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flooring opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jcs
Posted 8/6/2009 11:02 (#801674)
Subject: Flooring opinions

Oklahoma
Wife is repainting kids rooms and has everything moved out of them. One of the problems of living in OK is red dirt tracks on carpet, especially when the previous owners were elderly and installed light colored carpet. So now toying with the option of reflooring the bed rooms. Wife wants to try laminate flooring or wood. I looked at breifly at some laminate flooring and wasn't too impressed. Looked like once it is scratched or torn, water and dirt can get under it easily as it just looked like a "wallpaper" over compressed wood but there was other flooring there that had actual wood glued to the top that wouldn't be too bad. Being that it is a kids room, I want it to be durable. Is laminate flooring that durable or is where you get what you pay for and the cheap stuff is really just cheap?

Other issue at hand is that we are toying with the idea of possibly selling the house depending on market situation in the area. So we don't want to sink a pile of money in it and not get a return. Also were wondering about what would sell better. Three years ago we took all the carpet out of living, dining, kitchen, hallway, and bathroom and went to tile. In a way I think the bedrooms should be carpet just because of so much tile in the house.

Any suggestions or options we aren't thinking of?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)