AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A few crop pics from around here.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/3/2009 10:45 (#798067 - in reply to #797978)
Subject: Re: A few crop pics from around here.

Chebanse, IL.....

Actually, the USDA makes the yield forecasts when the ground is still frozen in much of the country. That's the gospel, not what any of us low-lifes think.

However, as a low-life farmer, I do NOT think we have the potential for the "biggest" crop at this point, as a country. Perhaps if you took IL completely out of the picture you might have the bu/A, but not the production, but I assure you that the IL example you see in the beginning of this thread is NOT the norm. But again, take IL out & then we should assume that the rest of the states have their biggest yet coming?

Would that be correct IN, MO, WI, MI? I assume you have the "biggest yet" for your ENTIRE state?

I can find some spots like the first post locally. However, I can find a lot much further behind. That's the big thing...variability. I guess if heat units continue until Dec 1 & frost holds off 'til January or so, we in NE IL might have a better chance at this "biggest yield" thing.

My observations are only based on observations. I have no surveys that anyone has sent in to me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)