AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere SeedStar Version Compatibility with 4640 Universal Display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tbritten
Posted 6/4/2023 13:02 (#10256654)
Subject: John Deere SeedStar Version Compatibility with 4640 Universal Display

SW Iowa
I'm looking for information on what versions of SeedStar planter controllers are compatible with the 4640 display. I do not have a lot of John Deere planter experience, but am familiar with the 4600 and 4640 displays. We currently run a gen2 Precision 20/20 on a ground drive Kinze 12 row to map planter coverage and control Precision RowFlow for Ag Leader row clutches. We have the 4640 display for autosteer with ATU 300, yield maps on combine, and mapping NH3 application. The goal is to either find the correct Seed Star controller to put on this planter, or trade for a similar level of technology planter so that auto steer and planter control can all be done through the 4640 display. If we trade for a different Seed Star planter, it must be low hydraulic requirements because we plant with Sound Gard era tractors from the 40 and 50 series. Thinking a 1760/1765 flex or basic 1770 would be the ideal options here, still 12 rows.

Reading previous threads on this it sounds like the seed star controller can be identified by color with the versions previous to SS3 explained in the linked thread below. I think the SS controller can also be referred to as a wedgebox? Which I assume is configured to take the signals from seed sensors and report to display in cab? Is there a full breakdown anywhere explaining all versions of the SS controller and what displays they are compatible with? Then I could look into if they are compatible with the seed sensors used with the Precision 20/20. If there are other threads on this that I have not found, please link below. If there are certain model years of the 1760 or 1770 that can plug and play with the 4640 monitor, info on that would be appreciated as well.

Posting this in both precision and machinery forums.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=458901&Display...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)