AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Swinging For The Fence
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 6/4/2023 18:11 (#10256997 - in reply to #10253501)
Subject: RE: Swinging For The Fence

NEMO
I've been wanting to sell down the cow herd and push the easy button of no-till/spray/harvest like a neighbor is doing. I'm waiting for a multi-state widespread rain soaking event to drive the cow prices through the roof. So far that hasn't happened.

But the last couple weeks have me thinking a little different. Had 2 nephews and 2 sons out helping put up hay (ages 10-16). Is there a better way to get them involved and for them to learn how to drive a tractor than to be mowing/raking/baling and stacking hay? I don't think so. If we want the next generation to take over the farm it starts with responsibility at a young age. Let them be involved and make little easy decisions now so they will be prepared to make important decisions later. The last couple weeks has been fun!

Diversity has been a key to many operations over the years. Life would be simpler without cows but I'm not sure it would be better. I hope high cattle prices stay around to offset the high prices of everything else we have to pay for!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)