AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Water wagon.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

WCWI
Posted 6/1/2023 23:21 (#10253261 - in reply to #10253246)
Subject: RE: Water wagon.

I have a 1000 gallon AL tank on a 2 wheel trailer frame with a 1-1/2" PVC valve on the back I use to haul water to a small pasture I have 12-14 heifers on with a bull all summer. Take a load to them every 7-10 days normally, but I dump it all at one time so I can take the empty trailer back to the farm in order to fill it next time. I have 4 tanks with 1400 gallons capacity, which if tanks are sitting on a slight slope is not all usable. I do it this way because I can drive by every few days and if fence is hot all is good, but with a tank and float set up there is 2 potential issues, one is if the float sticks open after the tank is full rest runs onto the ground, 2nd potentially bigger problem is the algae growth in the tank if it is a plastic tank on the trailer or wagon. With the extra capacity in my stock tanks it also gives me leeway on the time I must refill the stock tanks. I just stick a 2' piece of PVC pipe into the valve after I back up to the tanks to fill them, biggest negative is it takes about an hour to transfer the water from the trailer to the individual tanks.

Edited by WCWI 6/1/2023 23:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)