AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flow issues with a Raven system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IHC 1470
Posted 5/28/2023 02:07 (#10246388)
Subject: Flow issues with a Raven system

Idaho

Need some ideas. This is a new install on an old set of 510 drills. Running an Envizio Pro with a switch box and can not get the rate to work correctly. The flow meter is #063-0171-121 and the control valve # 063-0171-120. Pump is 5.5 gallon/minute. SureFire gray metering tubes. Ground speed is 5 mph. All new filters and hoses in system. New Raven cables from the switch box back. One thing that is different than what I have seen in the past is the Cal number on the flow meter. I have not tried to recalibrate it at this point in time.

The rate is all over the place, I would like to run at 5 gallon/acre. That did not seem to work and I finally went to 6.5 gallon/acre which maybe 50 percent of the time it would hold. Often the screen is painting red and other times purple. I am not sure if red is over or under rate. Section control seems to be working best I can tell. When it is on rate the pressure is at 8 PSI, when painting red often pressure would hit 20 PSI which is where I have the system relief sit at for the moment. I tried it in manual and was having the same results.

I pulled the flow meter apart today and there was nothing stopping the turbine and it rattles when you shake it. I connected it to a power supply and when you blow through it you can see the signal line switching from 0 to 5 volts. It was running 2.5 volts when turbine was spinning but you could see the switching on the meter as it came to a stop. So I can not fault the flow meter at this time. The control valve will cycle open to close with battery power. When I checked the voltage on the flow meter plug (tractor side) I had 5 volts on both the power and signal pins and they were in the correct location in reference to the key at 12:00.

I have 7 straight inches of 1 inch line on the inlet side and originally the output side had two 90 degree bends on 3/4 inch hose. This was some sort of a factory build and I am not sure why they did it that way. I went to a long loop of 3/4 hose with a straight section around 12 inches long. The control valve is 3/4 NPT as is the outlets out of the switch valves. The rest of the system is all 1 inch hose. I went to the long hose thinking maybe some sort of turbulence issue being caused by the sharp bends. I will not know until I get it connected back to the tractor and running if the loop made any difference or not.

Based on the PSI reading I was seeing I am thinking when it is painting red and hitting 20 PSI that the control butterfly is closed and I am under rate or maybe even not applying product. I have not run across any information that says what the polarity is on the wires to the control valve since they switch other then 12 volt. The thought has occurred that maybe those wires are switch in a harness and the valve is going the wrong way from where the EPRO is trying to send it. If I am still having issues I will make a polarity reversing harness to see what happens.

I realize it could be anything since the system is a new install and so far has not worked correctly. So what am I missing? Just looking for some out side the box ideas to follow up on if I continue to have issues.

Edited by IHC 1470 5/28/2023 02:17

(IMG_1659 (full).jpg)

(IMG_1660 (full).jpg)

(IMG_1661 (full).jpg)

(IMG_1662 (full).jpg)

(IMG_1663 (full).jpg)

(IMG_1670 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1659 (full).jpg (174KB - 143 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1660 (full).jpg (130KB - 124 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1661 (full).jpg (150KB - 131 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1662 (full).jpg (95KB - 127 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1663 (full).jpg (94KB - 123 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1670 (full).jpg (101KB - 128 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)