AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making a master set of AB lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 5/29/2023 14:50 (#10248281 - in reply to #10246105)
Subject: RE: Making a master set of AB lines

Alton, Ia
You can do a lot of line editing in SMS, might have to be the paid version, not trial. I drive fields with a fiberglass flag out right side, tip is 8' from center, then save all those lines in the tree as Guidance> Driven Lines. Maybe redundant, but I like have a folder of original (unedited) mapped lines to go back to. I will edit names to something meaningful, but leave the date in the name. Then I edit from there, if it's a "clean edge" ie no fence, minimal marker posts, etc. I'll shift it 8' and save it as Property line. Then I'll shift it an appropriate distance, left, for the planter. Case 2140, which has a 28" marker mechanism, meaning if there posts, I shift it 164", if along grass etc. then shift only 134". Save all those lines in a Guidance>instance SMS tree branch.

Then do shifts for sprayer also, and save those in separate SMS tree branch. Going to field and shifting there doesn't work because the genius programmer for a EZ steer system only lets you shift to a certain position, not X ft and inches, so if you do it in field you are subject to lots of inaccuracy based on current sprayer position.

We are on 20's and I try to plant beans in between, so do this all again offsetting lines 10". Takes time, but once it's done, well done lines are nice to have.

Edited by Oliver1 5/29/2023 14:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)