AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Isobus connection JD R series
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

OettingAgService
Posted 5/15/2023 07:04 (#10229679 - in reply to #10228537)
Subject: RE: Isobus connection JD R series

West Central Missouri
tedbear - 5/14/2023 10:09
The harness I received has both the 4 pin Deutsch connector for an Integra and the 6 pin Deutsch connector for the InCommand so as to be able to work with either display. I'm not certain why the extra two pins but apparently they are not needed with the feeler system at least.

The Incommand 6 pin ISO connector actually has the came connections as the Integra CAN B/ISO Tee. Can in and can out (pair each, high and low) and ECU power/ground. When teed into ISOBUS, ECU power/ground is taken from the vehicle. When used as CAN B, ECU power/ground is supplied by the display cable. On the Integra cable you would accomplish this by plugging the CAN B power supply (also used as guidance activation) into one side of the ISO Tee.

The ISO Tee is done to keep ISO as a bus, not a branch line. I don't know the details, but in the CANbus spec, it's supposed to be a continuous bus, from the front terminator to the back terminator. Lines branching off the bus are stubs, and must be less than a certain minimum length. Taking an Integra cable for example, if the ISO line teed right there at the connector, then the line going to the display for CAN B would effectively be a 12 foot stub branch off the bus. This is beyond spec. Instead, there is can in and can out. Both of them travel up the display cable to a point near the display end. There is an electrical joint there (think of it as a hard-wired CAN Y-splice). From there, it is a short length (1 to 2 feet approx) to the display. Doing it this way, instead of the display cable being a 12 foot stub off the CANbus (out of spec), the down and back nature of the wiring lengthens the overall bus about 20 feet, and leaves about 2 feet of stub length at the end.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)