AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Isobus connection JD R series
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/10/2023 05:00 (#10223252 - in reply to #10222940)
Subject: RE: Isobus connection JD R series

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have an 8310R. From the factory the ISO connector on the rear of the tractor was connected to the tractors CAN system. If I had Deere displays and ISO modules on an implement I would use that connector.

Instead I use an Ag Leader InCommand 1200 and do not have any Deere displays other than the small Command Arm screen that came with the tractor. I use the InCommand to steer the tractor, monitor the seed population, control seed sections, control spray rate and sections and monitor starter fertilizer with Ag Leader legacy modules connected through the Ag Leader CAN bus to the InCommand.

After doing that a couple of years, I decided I wanted to monitor my down force settings as well. I purchased a used Ag Leader ISO module for monitoring down force. It has its own ISO cable that would plug into the tractor's ISO connector. However that would direct the information to/from the tractor system rather than the Ag Leader system.

I believe this may be your situation also. The method I used (there would be others) was to obtain Ag Leader's Hijack cable. When this cable is installed the connector on the back of the tractor then connects to the Ag Leader display cable and InCommand display. It no longer connects to the tractors CAN system. A terminator is provided so the tractor system does not complain.

The Hijack cable does not really Tee into the Deere cable but rather disconnects it from the Deere system and connects it to the Ag Leader system. In a sense this just allows you to use the connector that is already there instead of having to buy another connector.

Another approach would be to leave the Deere ISO connector connected to the tractor as it is now. Purchase a stub cable that plugs into the Ag Leader ISO plug on their display cable and has another ISO connector to stick out the back window. Then if you wish to use an ISO module with the Ag Leader, just plug it in to that connector instead of using the original. Those ISO connectors are quite expensive so the Hijack cable that uses the original ISO connector already on the tractor might be more desirable.

Edited by tedbear 5/10/2023 06:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)