AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sensor1 GPS puck to Raven 440 how many hertz?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/10/2023 06:25 (#10223320 - in reply to #10222881)
Subject: RE: Sensor1 GPS puck to Raven 440 how many hertz?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The higher Hz units should respond to speed changes faster. I'd recommend the 5 or 10 with a spray controller. The 1 Hz model might work fine but not react as quickly to ground speed changes. This may or may not actually be a problem.

Your Raven 440 would need to have the ability to work with radar (SP2). Extremely old ones could not work well with radar or the GPS pucks. If the 440 is less than 20 years old, you should be OK. If you have a single window across the 440 you are fine. If you have the older model with two display windows you may still be fine. If you have ever seen US, SP1 etc. then you are fine.

The really old ones were designed to work with wheel speed sensors which are quite slow. To use them with a radar gun or GPS puck, the speed cal had to be very small like around the number "6". This meant that you could not fine tune the speed very much. Raven added a divide by 100 feature for the speed and called it SP2. This allowed the operator to use a larger speed cal number and do a better job of fine tuning the speed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)