AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK base station
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

TexasPecans
Posted 5/9/2023 18:03 (#10222737 - in reply to #10221586)
Subject: RE: RTK base station

torriem - 5/8/2023 21:27

I have put about $600 CAD[1] into my ZED-F9P-based RTK base station which works for Trimble 372 receivers, and probably others. Not Deere though, obviously, but I've already bought an Agra-GPS CRG unit for my Deere which so far has worked very well. I've build my own radio network using Digi SX modules, and I can also use NTRIP via my cell phone connected to a bluetooth module plugged into my tractor receivers' serial input interfaces (where the radio normally plugs in).

Also I've started using the fantastic Tailscale VPN system to connect my phone directly to the SBC computer in the shop and stream the RTCMv3 directly using raw TCP/IP which for me is far more reliable than using the NTRIP Caster.

[1] Cost includes the Sparkfun ZED-F9P module, the Digi SX Pro 1 watt module, an Arduino to inject synthesized 1008 RTCMv3 messages that Trimble requires, and an ARM SBC to send the RTCMv3 stream up to RTK2Go for NTRIP via cell phone. Also a good multi-band survey GPS antenna (I use the Beitian BT-300S or BT-300D antennas generally).

Curious why you didn't choose to use Rtk2go
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)