AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK base station
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torriem
Posted 5/9/2023 08:30 (#10222038 - in reply to #10221871)
Subject: RE: RTK base station

I had forgotten about the Faucet. Looks great for a nearly turn-key unit. You'd still need to add radio links to it if you weren't doing cell based RTK.

As for not working with the major brands, you are mistaken. Many recent big-name brands now support RTCMv3 corrections. I run several Trimble 372s that work just fine with my low-cost base station. I can't speak to the FMX, which is what the original poster has. Perhaps Torn knows if it supports RTCM. Ag Leader, Raven, Outback, and others support RTCMv3 on at least some models.

John Deere, as always, is a special child and is not compatible with anyone else's base stations. But like I said, if you're heading down this low-cost RTK route and you need to replace your older Deere receivers anyway, the Agra-GPS CRG receiver is compatible with John Deere autotrac and works quite well. The CRG turns on from cold start and gets to full RTK just a few seconds after the display boots up. But I digress.

As for FJ Dynamics, not sure why a few people on this forum talk them down. Did you have a unit that didn't work for you? Those that run their units seem quite happy with them. They are competitively priced, and seem to work fine from what's been said here and and on other farm forums.

Edited by torriem 5/9/2023 08:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)